Friday, December 4, 2009

Cankles!

Now that I am 37.75 weeks pregs, my ankles have decided to retreat into my calves until this baby comes. That, or.... my calves were starving so they ate my ankles. Either way, I am sporting the largest cankles known to man (or at least known to me)!disclaimer: please look past the chipped, almost gone, toe nail polish-- I can't reach my toes to make them prettier.

I remember giggling to myself, but it could have been out loud, at Tracy's cankles when she was giving birth to Sara almost a year ago. However, I am not giving birth yet and I have pair already! The things we do for our children. If you look really close at the picture you can see the ring band from my socks I wore today. The cankes don't really bother me, I suppose, but I am also not wearing tight shoes. Praise the Lord for Birkenstock clogs and tennis shoes! We'll see what I squeeze into tomorrow night for the Christmas party at Matt's work!

Update: I went to the doctor today and everything looking good for a December delivery... whether it's vaginally or a C-section. I am already on a weekly check-up... next week I will have an ultrasound to check on growth and such. So stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Awww...cankles! Poor thing! It's not long until we get to meet the little guy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the worst cankles EVER! I could set my foot up against something for like 30 seconds and my skin would form to it. The best is like 2 days after your bundle of joy arives... you wake up with YOUR ankles again... it is like MAGIC!

    ReplyDelete