This year is almost over, and as the holiday season is approaching (technically, it's here), I am forced to look back and count my blessings-- I have so many to be thankful for, so here it goes (I admit some of these may sound cavalier or petty, but I assure you, I am thankful for EVERYTHING on this list).
I am thankful for...
1. Weston never having been really sick-- he's had a cold, but nothing more than a stuffy nose
2. humidifiers-- the reason why Weston's cold wasn't anything more than that
3. family that will let us just "drop" in.
4. our sassy seat which saves space at home and makes eating out very very easy!
5. hand knit hats from my Nana
6. other crying babies on airplanes-- takes the stress off of me believe it or not.
7. a job I truly love going to
8. a great Falcons' season
9. friends with other babies Weston's age
10. protective Tungsten
11. living in the country
12. a short commute to work
13. fall football
14. DVRs-- especially the kind where you can watch something recorded in one room on a DVR in another room!
15. Music channels (not VH1 or MTV.... true, music only channels)
16. friends that return phone calls
17. the Christmas music stations on XM
18. the fact that my nieces know it's CRAZY to have Christmas decorations up before Thanksgiving!
19. Weston being able to take LONG mid day naps-- not to mention he's been consistently sleeping for 12 hours at night now for the last few days!
20. trivia nights at Mellow Mushroom (even though we haven't been in a while)
21. spell check
24. facebook-- like blogger, it helps me stay connected
25. 30 minute comedies-- How I met Your Mother, Community, etc-- keep the comedy to 30 minutes, it's short and sweet and leaves you wanting more
26. google maps on my phone. I get so lost so often... it REALLY helps
27. real time traffic on my phone
28. my phone.
29. Costco memory foam mattress-- temperpedic comfort on a Costco budget.. LOVE it!
30. rain sensing windshield wipers
31. motivated students
32. video baby monitor
33. ALL of Weston's grandparents, who love him wholly and undoubtedly
34. sisters... they are ALWAYS there for you.
35. beautiful colors in the fall leaves-- it's not really fall unless the leaves change brilliant shades of red, yellow, and orange!
36. Cloudy days-- because it gives me hope. Hope that maybe it won't rain. Hope that maybe it will snow instead (even though it's 60 degrees outside). Hope that maybe it will rain, because sometimes you just need it to rain.
37. above all else, even though these were in no particular order... I am so thankful for my wonderful husband, who lets me sleep in when I don't have to go to work and he does, who always holds a hand or elbow out for me to hold when we're walking. He understands that sometime my stories don't have endings... they just end. He will watch tv shows he hates just because he knows I love the show and his company. He empties the diaper genies. He hides cotton balls at the doctor's office, or will walk in my line of site if we happen to go down that isle in the grocery store. He laughs with Weston. He doesn't mind changing a diaper or two or three. He makes the world's best fires-- and doesn't get mad when I try to surprise him with one and forget to open the flew. He eats my food even if, on an off chance-- because it really never happens, I happen to over or under cook it. He's patient, he's kind, he's funny, he's supportive, he's caring, he's trusting-- he's amazing and I am so thankful for him and the life we have made together!
5 Easy BBQ Potluck Sides by Natalie
14 hours ago