Thursday, June 18, 2009

Kabobs!!

I think Matt has cooked more meals on the grill than I have in the kitchen since we moved in. Granted, I still use the kitchen-- but Matt has been in grill with drawl for the last three years and has all this pent up grilling inside he's just GOT to get out. I'm not complaining.

The other night we made kabobs for dinner, yum. This is, by far, one of the easiest meals to prepare.Here are the fixin's... chopped pineapple, cubed onion (for Matt, not me), bell peppers (of the green and red persuasion), and, of course...STEAK, which I doused in olive oil and Worcestershire sauce.We each assembled our own, oh and we added some maple bacon we acquired from the butcher (yes, a real, live butcher in his own store... not the guy behind the butcher counter in the grocery store).I'm waiting for them to come back from the grill...and Matt is grilling!My mouth is salivating... fresh from the grillVoila! Dinner is served... with a side of mashed potatoes (not pictured). So we had a little bit from each food group: meat, veggies, fruit, starch, grain (we had toasted bread too), and I had a glass of milk for dinner.

ps. I love my new granite counter tops.

No comments:

Post a Comment