Sunday, June 7, 2009

More than Mundane

To most, yesterday might have seemed a bit mundane, but to Matt and me, it was perfect!

Granted, Matt woke up at 6:20--unable to sleep, but after I was up... we ran a few errands. I had to take some lamps back to Tuesday Morning and Matt wanted to stop at Home Depot (how very "his and her shopping" of us!) to get an outside storage bin for our deck among other things. On our way home, we stopped at Publix, grabbed some sandwiches, and actually planned ahead for 2 meals!!

After some friends stopped by for a brief second, the grass was mowed, blinds were hung, bathroom ceiling was painted, pantry was reorganized, cookies were made, kitchen was cleaned, and laundry was put away. For dinner, Matt grilled some corn and BBQ chicken. I added some toasted bread, cherries and pineapple. This was our first meal at the kitchen table in our new home! (we have been eating dinner in front of the TV on trays, oh well)

I know it sounds like an ordinary, and to most- boring, day, but like I said earlier-- it was perfect. Waiting for the chicken to cook, Matt and I stood out on the deck, in the setting sun, looking at everything we have, and we are thankful.

God is good.

2 comments:

  1. HE is indeed. And I hear your gratitude. Wise girl.

    "Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos into order, confusion into clarity...It turns problems into gifts, failures into success, the unexpected into perfect timing, and mistakes into important events. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today and creates a vision for tomorrow."
    ~Melodie Beattie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you had to take the lamps back:-( I really liked the elephants:-)!! However, my mom and I were at Old Time Pottery and they had some really cute and smaller lamps that would actually fit better on you mantle and they were a lot cheaper too!!!! It sounds like you guys had a perfect day:-) Hope Matt liked the gaurage and don't forget about that wasp thing you found on the deck rail near the grill.

    ReplyDelete