Monday, June 1, 2009

So Long, So New

I KNOW it's been a LONG time since I last blogged, but so much has been going on. I also know that means it's the perfect time to blog, but with all these things happening, I had to take them all in myself. So here's all the news...

I said goodbye to my work family of 3 years at Griffin Middle School last week at the end of post planning. I have been offered, and accepted, a position as the second art teacher at North Paulding High School-- Go Wolfpack!

Being at North Paulding will keep my commute short, since we just bought- and moved into- our first (and hopefully only) new house. I posted pictures earlier, so I know that's not really new news, but we have officially moved! Matt did a whole bunch of painting (I helped a little) and now we have a very saturated house. I even have my ORANGE room-- don't freak, it looks great! Matt even loves it!

Though one of the rooms won't be painted until August or September... when we find out the sex of our new baby! That's right, Matt and I are expecting. We are due Dec. 21, but I am convinced that baby will come on Christmas. My mom and sister will be in the delivery room with me-- and Matt will be anxiously waiting in the waiting room. He has every right to change his mind and come into the delivery room-- but he says he wants the doctors to focus on me and the baby-- and not on him passing out. No really, he WILL pass out. This is all completely okay with me (so please don't send me hate mail). Matt will be there up until the very last minute though.

Many people think that one event lead to the other(s), but actually I have been wanting, looking, and praying for a high school position for a very long time and whole I got to a bunch of interviews, none of them panned out. There was something bigger and better for me.

Matt and I had already started looking for houses once we got our lease renewal letter and decided that we didn't want to live in an apartment anymore. We weren't even really looking in the NPHS district-- we were just looking in Paulding County since houses are plentyful and priced right. We had made an offer on the house before I even interviewed at NPHS.

Of course the most surprising news came AFTER the house and AFTER the interview... the baby news. Needless to say, we were schocked and incredibly happy.

So there it is. Our incredibly new life (changes).

ps. my doctor said that I could help paint as long as we used laytex and kept the rooms well ventilated (which we did)

No comments:

Post a Comment