Saturday, April 18, 2009

REAL SIMPLE Dinner


My favorite magazine of all time is REAL SIMPLE. It has everything-- recipes, organizational tips, decorating tips, etc. So I was thrilled when I received my May 2009 issue and quickly read it cover to cover. One of the recipes was a "kid friendly" recipe-- which translates to me as "Matt friendly." Tonight for dinner we had Chicken Cutlets with Smashed Potatoes and Peas as seen in REAL SIMPLE MAGAZINE.

First I balled up some dough and placed them three together in a muffin pan and let rise some more.Then I cut the potatoes in half and dropped in enough water to cover them and brought the water to a boil. While the water was boiling, I covered the chicken cutlets (thin) in flour after seasoning with poultry seasoning and salt. The bread dough went in a 375 degrees oven for 19 minutes.Meanwhile, I heated veggie oil in a skillet and placed the floured cutlets in. Once the potatoes get soft, I dumped in about 2 cups of frozen peas to the boiling water.After the potatoes were done, I drained them and the peas over the sink and placed the pot back on the stove. I then melted some butter in the pan with about 1 Tablesoon of minced garlic and poured the potatoes and peas back in the pot, then stirred. Voila... Dinner for two. Matt liked it-- he didn't even use A1 for the chicken (high "silent" praise).

No comments:

Post a Comment